If your PolyLearn course has a lot of content, sometimes it is difficult for students to keep track of work they have already completed or readings and videos they have viewed. You can turn on Activity Completion settings for your students, which allow them to manually tick checkboxes or have checkboxes ticked based on conditions that you specify.
- Go to the Administration box in the lower left side of your course.
- Click on the Edit Settings link.
- Click the Expand all link to view all the setting boxes
- Scroll down to the Completion Tracking area and from the pull-down menu next to Enable Completion tracking, choose Yes.
- Once this is done, click to Save changes.
- Now when you add an activity or resource, you will have the option to set up the activity completion settings based on manual or conditions that you specify. If you want to add this feature to items already in your course, go into the individual item's "Update" area (the hand with the pencil icon) and scroll to the bottom of that page to set the "Activity competion" settings, as you desire, and then choose "Save and return to course."
- If you have conditions you wish to set, you can choose those conditions (and add as many as you desire) in the check boxes in the Activity Completion area.
When you return to the main page of your course, you will see checkboxes that students can tick when they have completed an item (if it was set as manually) or checkboxes that will be ticked based upon conditions that you set.
After the students participate in the PolyLearn course, check the progress via the Reports > Activity completion tool.
If the student has completed the requirements, then the box would be checked.