The iClicker tool is an innovative, self-paced polling systems for instructors and students to utilize within the classroom. When an instructor registers their class, the instructor will be able to access this tool like a scantron in which students are given a set of questions and are required to answer them through an iClicker with alphanumeric or numeric answers. Once sent in, the system records students' immediate responses to each question. This tool allows instructors to asses their students' understanding through quick responses.
Table of Contents
- Adding an iClicker Block to Your Course
- Install the iClicker Application to your Computer
- Register your iClicker Class
- Review Student iClicker Registration
- Syncing Your iClicker Grades to PolyLearn
- Download iClicker Application for your Computer
- iCicker Instructor User Guide
- Creating a Course for Your iClicker
- Create a Question Document (setup)
- Create a Question List
i>clicker Support Site
Instructors can add i>clicker as a block on the right hand side of their PolyLearn site. This will allow students to access and register their iClicker devices.
- Select Turn editing on.
- Click on the Add an block pull-down list.
- Scroll and select i>clicker.
The iClicker block will appear:
1) To register your course with iClicker you will need to download the desktop application and install it on your personal computer.
Go to page 8 of the Instructor Guide, and follow the instructions provided by iClicker.
NOTE: on the Mac, the iClicker application would be located on your desktop, not within the "Applications" folder.
2) After you have installed the iClicker application (do not have iClicker app open, quite first)
Then Right click on the LMS_Wizard.xml ZIP file.
Open the ZIP file to reveal the LMS_Wizard.xml file.
Move the LMS_Wizard.xml file into the iClicker > Resrouces folder.
Once you have downloaded the application and placed the LMS_Wizard.xml into your iClickerv7 folder, you can now register your class.
From the iClicker application:
- Click on the Create button.
- Enter a course name and click on the Create button.
The iClicker Grades can be sent to your PolyLearn Gradebook once you have setup the Security Key. You must install the application on your computer and add the LMS_Wizard.xml first.
- Click on the Settings button to link your desktop application to PolyLearn (Moodle).
- To sync the iClicker Grader to the PolyLearn Gradebook, click on the Gardebook button. Then click on the Select Course button.
- Within your PolyLearn course shell, under the iClicker Block, click on the Single Sing-On Security Key link.
- Click on the Generate New Key button.
- Copy the key code within the box.
- Back to the iClicker application, paste the Security Key into the text box and click on the Login In button.
- Back on the Settings window, click on the Save button on the bottom right.
- Click on the iClicker Application > Open Gradebook button.
- Within the iClicker Grades Window, you can Sync Roster and then Sync Scores.
In order to begin your class, you must have your students register to your iClicker course.
You will want your students to purchase the iClicker2 or iClicker+ in order to begin your course. Click HERE to register your clicker.
- In order to view who has and has not registered for the course yet, you can click on Instructor Report underneath i>clicker.
- Then click on View Students under your course.
- There you will be able to see which students have or have not registered for your course under the Status.